Thursday 25 October 2012

25th October

Two years ago today I met someone important for the first time. My initial view of them was 'scruffy'. I can't say that that view has wholly changed! But it is no longer the first word that comes to mind when I see them.

This person matters because they are primarily responsible for me having got to where I am now for all sorts of reasons (which I refuse to categorise as good or bad). They listened to me. They pushed me. They stopped me from doing very real harm to myself. They made me face up to how badly things with me were. They encouraged me to get help. And they have had faith in me when I haven't had any left.

It would be overly simplistic to say that they have been nice to me. At times they haven't been! But they have always been exactly what I needed, when I needed it, even when I didn't know that that was what I needed.

So you'll all have to forgive me if I write a short post today that doesn't give any particular insight at all.

I just want to say 'thank you' to the person who has been here through this whole thing and who hasn't run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment